Saturday 7 July 2012

Spring newborn lambs.

I made this cute little lamb (from Tone Finnanger's Springtime Gifts book) recently as a gift for my good friend's newborn son. My first foray into soft toys; I was really pleased with how it turned out.

Made from a soft hand towel it had a lovely soft, squishy character when it was finished, and has quickly become a firm favorite with the little one it was made for.

I was pleased with how it came together, and surprised at how easy it was. Apart from the fact I'd used trickery materials that frayed quite a lot, it was pretty straightforward to create. I love Tone's work, she has such a distinctive style. Her Tilda books never fail to impress in this household! You can see a list of her books available on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tone-Finnanger/e/B004MPFYXW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment